Friday, April 22, 2011

Not doing Krrish 2 Rana Daggubati

Not doing Krrish 2 Rana Daggubati

 

Controversy’s self-confessed poster-boy, Rana Daggubati has cleared the air about the gossip surrounding him with a slew of denials — the latest being his entry to the sequel to Hrithik Roshan’s superhero hit Krrish.
“Name Krrish and what comes in mind is Hrithik Roshan. I was never approached for it,” says the 26-year-old, who was in the city recently to promote his debut Bollywood movie Dum Maaro Dum (DMD). There has been link-up stories of Rana and his DMD co-star Bipasha Basu.

“I’ve been a poster boy for controversies since my first Telugu film, Leader. I never knew Bipasha before the film. The link-ups are all baseless. She is a dear friend and that's what she will always be,” he clarifies.

But what about his reported split with actor Shriya Saran after reports about his proximity to the Bong beauty circulated? "I was not seeing anybody in the first place, and I am single," he says with a giggle.

Talking about his maiden Hindi venture, Rana says he initially thought his role in DMD was just a one-scene act.

“I thought it was a cameo. By the time I read the script, I realised my character is the same as the other two protagonists (Abhishek Bachchan and Prateik Babbar),” says the actor, who plays a Goan musician in the thriller. Based in Hyderabad, Rana’s accent is heavy with southern influence. He said he underwent a series of diction classes and guitar lessons for his role.

So, what next after DMD? “There has been a lot of interest and I’ll definitely sign a Bollywood film this year,” says Rana, who wouldn't shift to Mumbai because of its traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment